Thursday, July 26, 2012

Year 1, Sem 2

Hello! Is the start of the new semester again! Currently Year 1, Sem 2! I feel a slightly senior feeling in me even though I'm still in Year 1. Well because I see a huge difference in me in this semester. I'm not as blur like the previous semester, I feel more capable and because I'm experienced in sorting out uni stuff. I saw quite a number of new students in Uni that reminds me a lot of myself. Really lonely and clueless of how to walk around in such a huge campus. I feel lucky now, at least I have some friends here but I'm sure of it that the new students here will eventually adapt, have fun and make tons of new friends. 

Week 1 is finally over for me. At the moment, I'm satisfied with my timetable, of course last semester was better. I'm taking these 4 courses which are very new to me. Quantitative Economics & Business Analysis, Business Law, Computer Information System and Valuation Principles. Honestly, the only one I'm really keen about is the Valuation Principles. Is like finally a thing that I really want to learn and study about. I'm gonna explain a little about all my courses. 

For Quantitative Economics, the lecturer has a really weird accent, always create jokes that are not funny and laugh at himself. Anyway, is all about statistics like probability, standard deviation and etc. Is like doing mathematics all over again. I feel ok about it but I'm not a fan of probability. Then Business Law is actually very interesting. I feel like I have to put on a detective mind set in order to solve the problems. My lecturer is very strict about the entire course, even the course structure itself is really fixed and lots of reading that needs to be done.

Computer Information System is just plain dry content. Content of the course is so boring and basically is like learning how to use Microsoft Excel. But then lecturer says that there is a high percentage of students getting a distinction. So is a must to get distinction! Last but not least, Valuation Principle is just good. I like the course structure because it really does make sure every student knows how does a valuer value a land or a property. No regret choosing Real Estate. 

Currently still trying to get a part time job. I didn't know is that difficult to find one. I thought is always very simple to get one. It can be a little demotivating when you didn't get what you want, I just want to try to be independent to get some income on my own. So I have decided if I don't get any part time job by the end of week 2, then I would focus on my studies, volunteer for people and participate in my club. Is the least I could do. I'm also trying to sell off my old text books, but seems like no one response as well. Things ain't going that smooth here, but I know if I keep on trying one day I will achieve what I want! 

No doubt this semester will be a challenging one, so I just need to do my best! Till the next post! Goodbye! 

:) 

No comments: